Ah! The mighty Aaaamla! If you’ve never heard of the word Amla, you’ve never experienced the strength of Indian food.
Straight up, let us throw some Amla facts at you so that you get acquainted to this underrated superfood.
- Amla contains eight times more vitamin C than an orange, twice the number of antioxidants of an Acai Berry and around 17 times to that of a pomegranate.
- The fruit solely fights cancer, inflammation and reduces cell damage in your body.
- An Amla a day keeps a doctor away. You might not have known this, but an equal sized serving of Amla contains more nutrition than an Apple.
- Apart from containing Vitamin C, Amla is also rich in Iron, Calcium, and Phosphorous .
- Amino Acids in Amla aid in hair growth and reduce hair fall.
- Amla fights all kinds of pigmentation and blemishes on your skin. It has also been known to close the pores on your skin.
- Amla reduces the risk of heart disease by regulating cholesterol in your body.
- Aids in weight loss by accelerating your metabolism.
And the list continues…
Amla or Usirikaya as it is known in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana has been known to humankind since several centuries. It is one of the oldest mentioned ‘aushadis (treatments)’ in Ayurveda. There are multiple mixtures and treatments in Ayurveda that constitute the usage of Amla.
Across the West, the fruit is called Indian Gooseberry. Since most of its plantation occurs in India and neighbouring countries, it has been one such forgotten fruit whose benefits could potentially aid in breakthrough medical research.
Today, DesiAuthentic brings you Amla in the form of a pickle. It is a spicy and tangy take on the fruit which has been specially prepared to take your taste buds on a fantastic ride. Unlike your favourite non-veg pickles at DesiAuthentic, the Amla pickle is made with special ingredients such as mustard seeds, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, chilly powder, turmeric and many more spices. It is one of the most delicately curated recipes of pickle India has to offer. The pickle is a must have in most households and is enjoyed by all across the nation.
The Amla/Usirikaya pickle at DesiAuthentic is made only with the finest quality ingredients, like all our other pickles. Only the selected few gooseberries/amlas go into the pickle. The spices and other ingredients are sourced locally. 100% refined groundnut/vegetable oil go into the preparation of our Amla pickle.
For the best results, we recommend you to consume Amla pickle at least once in a day. You can eat it as a side dish to your parathas, rotis, dosas, uttappas or even steamed rice. In India, a favourite way of eating Amla pickle is with curd rice. Some cold homemade yoghurt mixed into hot rice sided with about a teaspoon of Amla pickle is a go to meal for many Indians.
We hope that you enjoy Amla pickle as much as we do. To order Amla/Usirikaya pickle, visit: https://www.desiauthentic.com/products/amla-pickle?_pos=1&_sid=1208d1c0b&_ss=r