Desiauthentic - Authentic Collection
We undertake bulk orders for parties, festivals & events. Please fill in your requirement below, we shall revert with details asap
Organic Barnyard Millet
Regular price $ 15.99 USD
$ 0.00 USD
Free Shipping on orders over $70
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Barnyard millet is tiny, white, round grains belonging to the millet family. It is an erect plant 60-130 cm tall. In India, cereal grains are not consumed during fasts. Hence, samvat is a popular ingredient during Navratras.
- Barnyard millet has the lowest carbohydrate content and energy value among all the varieties of Millets.
- Barnyard millets are rich in fibre content, phosphorous and calcium.
- The low glycemic index of Barnyard millets helps in type 2 diabetes.
- It has 6 times more fibre than Wheat, making it an ideal solution for weight loss and thus makes it a healthy food.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Origin: India
How to eat Barnyard millet:
- Makes a hearty Pongal
- Makes a delightful Dosa or Idli or Rotis
- Makes excellent upma and Neerdosai
- Makes delicious bisbelabath
Also popularly known as Udhalu, Oodhalu, Kuthiravaali, Bhagar/Varai, Kavadapullu, Sanwa, Samo/Moraiyo