Desiauthentic - Authentic Collection
We undertake bulk orders for parties, festivals & events. Please fill in your requirement below, we shall revert with details asap
Organic Barnyard Millet
Regular price $ 15.99 USD
$ 0.00 USD
Free Shipping on orders over $70
All our products are made and shipped from India
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Barnyard millet is tiny, white, round grains belonging to the millet family. It is an erect plant 60-130 cm tall. In India, cereal grains are not consumed during fasts. Hence, samvat is a popular ingredient during Navratras.
- Barnyard millet has the lowest carbohydrate content and energy value among all the varieties of Millets.
- Barnyard millets are rich in fibre content, phosphorous and calcium.
- The low glycemic index of Barnyard millets helps in type 2 diabetes.
- It has 6 times more fibre than Wheat, making it an ideal solution for weight loss and thus makes it a healthy food.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Origin: India
How to eat Barnyard millet:
- Makes a hearty Pongal
- Makes a delightful Dosa or Idli or Rotis
- Makes excellent upma and Neerdosai
- Makes delicious bisbelabath
Also popularly known as Udhalu, Oodhalu, Kuthiravaali, Bhagar/Varai, Kavadapullu, Sanwa, Samo/Moraiyo